Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it? Maybe just shoot some compressed air into or something.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
There's a fix for this. I think you go to the command prompt and type format c:

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Sounds like your Logitch mouse has a worn out button. If you are comfortable with futzing around with soldering irons and small parts, then replacing it could be easy. A new switch couldn’t cost more than $1.00.

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Sounds like your Logitch mouse has a worn out button. If you are comfortable with futzing around with soldering irons and small parts, then replacing it could be easy. A new switch couldn’t cost more than $1.00.
Yeah, it just might be worn out, though it seems kinda lame that it's lifespan would be so short. It seems like it is getting worse. Now it is missing some clicks.

I don't know that i could fully dismantle it to get at the circuit board without breaking it.

Maybe I can just switch to using the right button as the primary button :idea:

May as well just become left handed while i am at it.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I’ve got a Logitech Trackman ADB mouse that I’ve been using almost daily since 1996, and have had zero problems with it. In fact, one of my other machines (also used pretty much daily) is using a Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel USB mouse that has been in use since 1999, with no problems. I guess they just don’t make mike like they used to…

…or…

you’re really hard on equipment! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.