Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
i am using a centaur carbon double with 111mm centaur BB (which does not allow chainline adjustment), miche ring in the *outer* position (spacers on the OEM campy alloy ring bolts instead of shorter bolts), 120mm rear track hub (cane creek). with a very modest spacer behind the cog (1mm). drivetrain is completely 1/8", so is more sensitive to chainline issues...dead silent, chainline is perfect.

i prefer the aesthetics of the ring in the outer position. i was concerned about spacing out the rear cog, but with just 1mm required, there is still plenty of thread engagement for both cog and lockring. ymmv.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
track chain

dookie said:
i am using a centaur carbon double with 111mm centaur BB (which does not allow chainline adjustment), miche ring in the *outer* position (spacers on the OEM campy alloy ring bolts instead of shorter bolts), 120mm rear track hub (cane creek). with a very modest spacer behind the cog (1mm). drivetrain is completely 1/8", so is more sensitive to chainline issues...dead silent, chainline is perfect.

i prefer the aesthetics of the ring in the outer position. i was concerned about spacing out the rear cog, but with just 1mm required, there is still plenty of thread engagement for both cog and lockring. ymmv.
I thought road crankset/chainring uses 3/32" chain.You changed to an 1/8" (thicker) chainring to go with the 1/8" chain? Also where did you get your track 135mm b.c.d. chainring?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.