Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rec'vd flier today- double points this weekend. Be nice if 10% code still works- or if they have a 20% coupon for the weekend like they do in Sept w/double points

·
Registered
173 Posts
Stupid question, but I want to be sure I understand how team performance works. I order from them every few months, but haven't joined yet. Say I spend $350, with this offer, will I essentially earn a $70 credit towards a future purchase? If so, that's not a bad deal at all. Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
However, be warned that Performance and Nashbar prices have been drifting upwards lately, especially since they shut down Supergo. Even with 20% off, you should compare prices before buying to make sure you're really getting a deal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, I was going to make sure a coupon code was still working. I'm wanting to get HID. When the last 20% coupon was around I bought an L&M, which I used once then sold on ebay for a decent profit. I figure now I could rebuy it, then have enough credit to cover most of some tools and few tubes in the future. We'll see. I do need a new headlight though.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
I've been a Team Performance member for a while, and I find the 10% (and in cases like this, 20%) points credit more than offset the fees. I also use their price match quite a bit. I just bought a Polar s725x that they matched a price of $231 on...I saved $119. They will verify the site that you use for the price match.

Studiddy, I have a HID light that was probably going to become Ebay fodder (NiteRider Blowtorch). Let me know if you're interested.

·
Uri nara manse.
245 Posts
Team Performance Points are great for me. My wife manages all finances (if you are married to a Korean woman you'll understand), and all purchases must be pre-approved, so the hidden 10% discount (she doesn't know it's there) helps me afford small stuff like chains, tires, brake pads, etc when I need them, without having to explain why my bike needs another chain after a few months... Anyway, double points are great for me this weekend because I am dropping some money on a trainer. Double points with a 10% coupon?? Excellent!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I wonder if you order something they have listed as backordered if you'll still get 20% back when it does ship? I'm eyeing a D/A 10 crank but the 175's are out!

·
Uri nara manse.
245 Posts
Yes you will. If you order and pay during the promotion you won't be charged later when they have it. I've done that before, no problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
studiddy said:
Stupid question, but I want to be sure I understand how team performance works. I order from them every few months, but haven't joined yet. Say I spend $350, with this offer, will I essentially earn a $70 credit towards a future purchase? If so, that's not a bad deal at all. Thanks
Yes! thats correct.

I work at the Mountain View Performance (formerly Supergo) so I can explain how the Team Performance deal works in detail. It has changed recently so what you heard before might not be accurate. I will break it down into steps.

1. You buy the card and pay $20 upfront. This is good for 365 days and now it renews your membership automatically every year unless you opt out.

2. Whenever you buy anything from any performance online or off, you can use you card (or just the number on the card really) to get points added to your account. Just give them your card when you buy or if you forget your card we can look your info up. The money you spend on the same purchace as the team perfomance card is included in your points.

3. Normally, 10% of whatever you spend pre-tax is put into your team performance account 24 hours after you make the purchace, although occasionally it might be a higher percentage during special promotons. You have to use the money you are given back on some other day, but there are no limitations on what you can spend it on.

4. You used to have to wait for cupons to be mailed to your address but that is no longer the case. Now we just swipe your Team Performance card and subtract whatever balance you have accumulated from your sale price. The discount is pre-tax so you save a little extra on reduced taxes too. You used to have to spend your coupons $10 at a time and could not get change from a coupon but now we can take the exact amount off the card down to the penny.

That's really all there is to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bnh142 said:
Yes! thats correct.

I work at the Mountain View Performance (formerly Supergo) so I can explain how the Team Performance deal works in detail. It has changed recently so what you heard before might not be accurate. I will break it down into steps.

1. You buy the card and pay $20 upfront. This is good for 365 days and now it renews your membership automatically every year unless you opt out.

2. Whenever you buy anything from any performance online or off, you can use you card (or just the number on the card really) to get points added to your account. Just give them your card when you buy or if you forget your card we can look your info up. The money you spend on the same purchace as the team perfomance card is included in your points.

3. Normally, 10% of whatever you spend pre-tax is put into your team performance account 24 hours after you make the purchace, although occasionally it might be a higher percentage during special promotons. You have to use the money you are given back on some other day, but there are no limitations on what you can spend it on.

4. You used to have to wait for cupons to be mailed to your address but that is no longer the case. Now we just swipe your Team Performance card and subtract whatever balance you have accumulated from your sale price. The discount is pre-tax so you save a little extra on reduced taxes too. You used to have to spend your coupons $10 at a time and could not get change from a coupon but now we can take the exact amount off the card down to the penny.

That's really all there is to it.
I forgot to mention there are other minor perks to being a Team Performance member such as no extra cost upgraded shipping to 2nd day when you order online.

·
Uri nara manse.
245 Posts
I used all my Performance Bike Team accumulated points, a 10% coupon and paid $2.50 for a set of Shimano Ultegra pedals.... and then accumulated almost 2000 points with all that... I love Performance and don't really care if their prices have gone up a bit in the last few months, their team points and coupons keep me coming back. Thanks, Performance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
bnh142 said:
How is the store doing under the Performance name? Seems to me that it was pretty nice when it was called Supergo. They had a good selection of products, good prices, and a good flow of customers. When they switched to Performance, the selection of products shrunk significantly, with a lot of the better quality stuff dissappearing. Also, prices have increased significantly (or maybe sales are much less frequent). I hope the Mountain View store doesn't become a clone of the Redwood City Performance store, which has hardly any customers or staff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts