Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I'm a BMC rider (SLR01) but have my doubts about the Impec as no pros ride them and the latest new road frame that just debuted under Cadel Evans at the Giro is not constructed like the Impec with woven tubes and "shell nodes" but rather constructed like the SLR01 and other BMC frames with pieced together monocoque unidirectional CF frame sections.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have been riding an XR for a couple months and its a great bike. That said this seems like year where there are a lot of new high tech bikes. You should ride both the Impec and XR if you can and see which one impresses you the most.

I have a persistent dilemma, I do not know whether to buy the BMC Impec dura ace or Bianchi Oltre XR dura ace

what's your experience ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bianchi. It carries more history and that is as good a reason as any other than one riding better than the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a BMC rider (SLR01) but have my doubts about the Impec as no pros ride them and the latest new road frame that just debuted under Cadel Evans at the Giro is not constructed like the Impec with woven tubes and "shell nodes" but rather constructed like the SLR01 and other BMC frames with pieced together monocoque unidirectional CF frame sections.
thor today in san diego
http://instagram.com/p/ZD_Tn9IJ7Y/

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I've seen Cadel Evans on one on the parade lap after he won the TDF on an SLR01. They were also on the team cars at the 2011 USAPC, but I have yet to see one raced. Philip Gilbert won the 2012 World Championship on an SLR01. Of course the Impec may have been raced by someone on Team BMC, but I'm not aware of it. Check out the relevant threads on the BMC forum. BMC

·
Registered
42 Posts
The BMC will ride nicer. I think it was originally designed and marketed to non-racer types who wanted the cache of something a little more exclusive - hence the $30,000 Lamborghini version. I've ridden the Oltre, and though it's fast and responsive, the ride was a little stiff and hollow. If you want some Italian history - even though they're all made in Asia - I think the Pinarello Dogma or Paris have much nicer rides and better handling. Personally I think the performance winner would be the new Team Machine. It's light, stiff AND rides pretty nice.

I have a persistent dilemma, I do not know whether to buy the BMC Impec dura ace or Bianchi Oltre XR dura ace

what's your experience ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an Oltre and I love it. BMC makes great bikes but with the Bianchi you will turn heads since Oltre's are like white tigers in group rides...pretty rare compared to the american bike companies that give massive discounts to local clubs/teams

·
Registered
354 Posts
Pick the one that fits you best.

The one that you will want to ride everyday, even when the weather is poor.

The one that "sings" to your heart, that cries out to you to, ride me.

I would doubt, that besides those things, you could tell one from the other,
or that you will ever ride it t it'd limits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.