Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else is new? I've been going downhill since I got the flu two months ago. Depression, migraines, weight gain, insomnia, fatigue, anhedonia, the cough that refuses to go away, chronic breathing problems, irritability, spontaneous crying, etc.

Before I got sick, I was riding a lot more, having fun, enjoying life. I signed up to ride a century with Team In Training. Cooper encouraged me to join and he is my mentor. Then I got sick the day after the season kickoff and was out of commission for weeks and weeks. I've missed all but one group training ride so far, and have one unsolicited donation from Coop.

My co-worker just said, "What's wrong, Kwendilly? You look sad." I immediately started crying. Awesome.

WTF.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
try and get on the bike, even if it's just jeans and sneakers and rolling around the block. some fresh air and sun and wind will do you good.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
eddy said:
What else is new? I've been going downhill since I got the flu two months ago. Depression, migraines, weight gain, insomnia, fatigue, anhedonia, the cough that refuses to go away, chronic breathing problems, irritability, spontaneous crying, etc.

Before I got sick, I was riding a lot more, having fun, enjoying life. I signed up to ride a century with Team In Training. Cooper encouraged me to join and he is my mentor. Then I got sick the day after the season kickoff and was out of commission for weeks and weeks. I've missed all but one group training ride so far, and have one unsolicited donation from Coop.

My co-worker just said, "What's wrong, Kwendilly? You look sad." I immediately started crying. Awesome.

WTF.
damn that sux ballz. at least you didn't pee all over yourself this morning....

/ easy to say/hard to do at this point but really try to to a little something each day, a ride around the hood, a short walk etc, just to get out again and begin to reset back to where you were...good luck

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Do you want to ship out some jersies for BMX Hacksaw? Oh...and I want a refund for mine even though I've worn them 3x now. :D

//ducks...

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
get a pump track. It seems to make catzilla happy.

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
We think my wife is going through menopause, we've been dealing with everything you described above (except for the migraines) for about a year now. I feel your pain. Hope things get better for you (and my wife).

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Hey Eddy. Trust me, I know how you feel to a point. I've been off the bike for two months and was getting depressed as all get out. I didn't want to be at work, I didn't want to be at home, not sure what I wanted. I've still got digestion issues and overall weakness from my bout with bacteria from hell, but I finally decided I can't let it get me down and against doc's orders I rode my bike for the first time in almost 60 days. I didn't get far but still managed to squeak in 12 miles which was a miracle :). All I can say is get out in the sunlight first of all. Even if it is just walking. That was an amazing difference for me. Then, force yourself to do something, anything that'll help you feel better.

Other than that, my thoughts are with you.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I'm feeling much better since the lobotomy.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
What kind of a flu IS this?! Man that sucks all right. I agree that a strictly-for-fun bike ride could help- don't even dress for it. Jeans, sneakers, helmet, and just go tour your own 'hood. Or the one next door. Maybe the one on the other side of that. Be sure to report your findings here.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Go ride your bike. You will feel better. :thumbsup:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i'd see a doc about being sick. i know when i'm off the bike for a while, i get real moody, b!tchy and depressed. that could be adding to how you feel. if you can spend any time out in the sun, that can help too. it does for me anyways.

now are you going to call you doc yet or what?

get movin'.

seriously. go.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Sorry, Edwina.

To make yourself feel better I think you should sit in a room with 11 other people and argue the difference between your doubt and reasonable doubt.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts