Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excessive Heat Outlook: when the potential exists for an excessive heat event in the next 3 to 7 days. An outlook is used to indicate that a heat event may develop. It is intended to provide information to those who need considerable lead time to prepare for the event, such as public utilities, emergency management and public health officials.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Excessive Heat Watch: when conditions are favorable for an excessive heat event in the next 12 to 48 hours. A watch is used when the risk of a heat wave has increased, but its occurrence and timing is still uncertain. It is intended to provide enough lead time so those who need to set their plans in motion can do so, such as established individual city excessive heat event mitigation plans.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excessive Heat Warning/Advisory: when an excessive heat event is expected in the next 36 hours. These products are issued when an excessive heat event is occurring, is imminent, or has a very high probability of occurrence. The warning is used for conditions posing a threat to life or property. An advisory is for less serious conditions that cause significant discomfort or inconvenience and, if caution is not taken, could lead to a threat to life and/or property.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Cooool!

What up with the green water? And did you leave a kayak up north?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theBreeze said:
....What up with the green water? And did you leave a kayak up north?
Actually the water in the Potomac is kind of brown this time of year until the water plants mature and start filtering the dirt out.

We brought the carbon boat back with us and picked up a plastic boat for bouncing off rocks and the like. We sure do like kayaking, most mornings we hit the water before our ride (retirement sure is great!).

BTW I'd like to point out that this part of the Potomac kills quite a few folks every year, we never go out without wearing a PFD.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I absolutely love that rocky part of the Potomac. Very awesome. Of course all the photos are great, but those stand out. Also, I think I'd be dead in that heat and humidity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts