Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Down along the river and through the woods

Well, finally got my camera working somewhat again. At least good enough to take some pics. With rain falling up here in the Sierra my wife and and a couple of friends decided to cruise down to Sacramento to ride along the river. It was gorgeous, in the 60's, and sunny. We rode down the American River MUT again. Nothing too exciting except that the Nimbus Dam flood gates opened up too far and flooded a bunch of fisherman out. I tried to take pics of their cars but the newspaper reporters pointed out that they were under water. Not sure if that was true or not but I couldn't see any cars. One thing of note. When the gates are opened a screaming air raid siren goes off that causes the hair on your neck to stand on end.

We rode into the night and got to listen to one of the more awesome frog symphonies that I've ever heard. With all the rain there is water everywhere and the frogs were having one heck of a party.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great trail, great day, great fun.

Always great fun down there. I wish we had something similar up here but Nevada is a little behind in the idea of MUT's. Oh well. We ended the day with wine, good Italian food, and then a long drive back to Carson City. I slept well that night.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That ol' guy was interesting. I guess they had been fly fishing before the dam accidently let out all that water and clouded up the place. He was just sitting there watching the younger men waste their time in the mud and dirty water. He just had one of those looks that said it all. I didn't ask to take his photo so I just shot the one after I was behind him ready to leave so there wouldn't be a face in it.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Are those shorts and t-shirts you are wearing in Feb????

Bastid!!!!

Do you have any idea how cold it was here this morning.

You really know how to hurt a guy.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. It was absolutely gorgeous down there. Of course we had to drive a ways to get there. Almost warm enough here this week though. We're going to be in Death Valley leaving on Thursday for a few days of riding. Supposed to be near 80 degrees! I'll post a report when we get back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts