Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed cracks on my specialized shiv tt. The cracks are on down tube near the bb. It’s exactly aligned with the end of crank arms.
The cracks are symmetric on both sides but not connected.
What do you think this is? I am afraid it has something to do with loss bb shell.
Gesture Grey Font Material property Art
Automotive lighting Gesture Rectangle Window Bumper
Gesture Font Tints and shades Symbol Electric blue

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for your reply

I cannot warranty it because - as I said - I am not the first/original owner.
You never know unless you try. I'm the 2nd owner of a SWorks Tricross and Specialized replaced my entire crankset under warranty when I had problems with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You never know unless you try. I'm the 2nd owner of a SWorks Tricross and Specialized replaced my entire crankset under warranty when I had problems with it.
I see. I said this because it is what I read on specialized website. Tomorrow, I will head to my local dealer and see what I can do.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you please share what you did to get it fixed/replaced?
I am in Vancouver, Canada. I don't think it differs from country to another?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
If you can't warranty it, then this frame is still repairable. In the US, such repair would be around $500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can't warranty it, then this frame is still repairable. In the US, such repair would be around $500.
I see. I already contacted the best carbon repair shop in Vancouver, BC, Canada and it's about the same (700 CAD) including finishing and logo restoration.
It's really relieving to find out that it's repairable. I was skeptical that the shop is just trying to get a job regardless of the post-repair condition

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts