Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 57 and 210 lbs and put on wheels with 32 spokes, 105 hubs and dt swiss rims. I have more expensive wheels that are 24 count bladed spoke. Got very surprised how well they climbed. It seem more expensive wheels couldn't handle the torque and are much less rotationally stiff. Now I am shooting up the hills ( I live in Northern NJ ( usa)) and it is very hilly with 10 to 15 percent that can last a mile. The bike has come alive. The trade off is that i can tell its not a fast down hills, but that's a trade off I will gladly make as I have ample power for the downhills. Now I am excited to find someone to build me a high performance set of wheels with bladed spokes and good hubs.....

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Try psimet. They build all my wheels. WI T11 hubs, HED Belgium rims, Sapim cxray spokes. You can do 28R/24F that will perform just as well as 32/32.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,341 Posts
Try psimet. They build all my wheels. WI T11 hubs, HED Belgium rims, Sapim cxray spokes. You can do 28R/24F that will perform just as well as 32/32.
Personally, I would do 24F/32R for a rim brake wheel set. The front doesn't have any twisting forces like the rear does, so it doesn't flex.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts