To celebrate the launch of the its new 2014 X-Night frameset, the gang from Ridley has cobbled together a special edition X-Night SuperLight. The complete bike weighs just 14.2 pounds in a size 52, and comes spec'd with a full SRAM Red 22 traditional drivetrain (disc systems still weigh too much for the super light realm).
Other spec highlights include a set of Zipp 303 Firecrest tubular wheels, an Oryx Pro carbon monocoque fork with tapered steerer, and a whole array of 4ZA Cirrus Pro carbon components. The bike will be sold as a limited edition and is definitely a Euro'centric build, meaning it's not likely we'll see any in North America. But that doesn't mean it's not fun to look at. Here's the full spec. And make sure to check out the photo gallery to see more of this sexy SuperLight machine.
As for what is available in the U.S. from Ridley, you can see full details of their 2014 'cross line in our report from Bike PressCamp earlier this summer.
- Frame: X-Night, HM/HR Unidirectional carbon, Pressfit BB30, Tapered Headtube, Internal cable routing
- Fork: Oryx Pro, Carbon monocoque , Tapered steerer
- Headset: FSA No9, Sealed angular contact bearings
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red 22 short cage
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Red 22 YAW technology, Chain spotter
- Crankset: SRAM Red 22 Carbon 46/36
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM PF30
- Shifters: SRAM Red 22 Doubletap
- Cassette: SRAM Red 22 11-26
- Chain: KMC X11
- Brakes: 4ZA Cirrus Pro SL Cross
- Wheelset: Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular
- Tires: Continental Cyclo X-King Tubular 32mm
- Stem: 4ZA Cirrus Pro
- Handlebar: 4ZA Cirrus Pro Carbon
- Seatpost: 4ZA Cirrus Pro, 27,2x350mm
- Saddle: 4ZA Cirrus Pro, Carbon Rail