Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Don't see many Lyon frames featured.
Are you a Northwesterner?

Oh, and the drillium is nice, very nice.
Ever take in parts to be drilled for another person?

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't see many Lyon frames featured.
Are you a Northwesterner?

Oh, and the drillium is nice, very nice.
Ever take in parts to be drilled for another person?
The flicker page isn't mine, just posted it 'cause it's a classic kind of thing.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Is any of that stuff for sale? That blinged out Athena group would look awesome on my Arabesque. But then again, I'd have to remove the Chorus parts and install them on a different frame resulting in a new bike. My wife would kill me.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
in general, i think drillium looks cheap.

i can dig it with chainrings. even if one chainring is drilled and the other not. the drilled ring has to be the inner one, though.

vintage campy record levers with their glowing anodization look soooo classy. drilled super record levers often look appropriate, but less classy. while the holes might help slippage in wet conditions, there's nothing like feeling the undrilled record levers in your hands.

drilled rear derailleurs, seatposts, crank arms, and calipers just look debased. shot. ruined. reminding us of barbarians or wartime.

if the bars are drilled, i hope you're setting the hour record in mexico city.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
I remember when somebody posted an EBay pic of some mid 80's Cannondale, where somebody had drilled the top tube and down tube. I suggested that if you went just the right speed, you could probably play a tune on it.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.