Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often forget about my coffee mug as it sits on my desk. By the time I remember it, the coffee is cold. Doesn’t stop me form drinking, though. I find that the flavor becomes stronger and I like it better. Anyone else drinking their joe at room temperature?

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
I do. But it's because I'm too lazy to go dump it out. I'll just throw it down, grimace, and move on.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I'm with you, I like it at room temp as much as hot. I can't stand it scorching hot, when I buy a cup on the road I'll drop in a few ice cubes.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Slim Chance said:
I often forget about my coffee mug as it sits on my desk. By the time I remember it, the coffee is cold. Doesn’t stop me form drinking, though. I find that the flavor becomes stronger and I like it better. Anyone else drinking their joe at room temperature?
No cold coffee for me. But, that's because I only drink coffee when it is served after a meal (usually at a restaurant). I do drink tea at room temperature, however. When I get to work, I usually make a pot of tea. The first cup is hot, the second cup is warm. By the time I get to the third cup around 11:00 a.m., the tea is room temperature. It taste fine to me, hot, warm or cold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't drink coffee often, but I won't drink it cold. To me, it taste so much better warm or hot, that having it cold feels like I'm not drinking coffee, but an imitation. It's the same way with tea too, I won't drink cold tea. I guess I've been trained drinking it warm that anything cooler than that doesn't taste right.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
I love coffee, but I can't choke it down cold. Once it drops below body temp, I'm done.
I don't even like to kiss my wife after she's been drinking iced coffee, which she does all summer long.

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Straight out of pot = too hot
Warm = pretty good
Lukewarm = still drinkable
Iced = My fav

I'm not a true coffee drinker, though. One cup even in the morning still ruins my following night.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love drinking iced coffee in the summer. Love might be a strong word, but definately like it cold as well as hot. I think coffee does get stronger after it has sat around for a while.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
No cold coffee for me, but I will tolerate lukewarm if there isn't any fresh and I am too lazy to make some, or even too lazy to microwave the old stuff.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
As long as its not decaf, Ill drink it at any temp. Last fall at work, I had a cup of black coffee that I forgot about for a couple hours. I finally noticed and was like "Hey look! its my coffee." and drank the rest of it cold. The guy working next to me just stared at me for a second, and finally asks, "are you drinking cold black coffee? Seriously?" I just smiled and nodded, and I'm sure confirmed in his mind that yes, I am crazy.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hmm. I don't enjoy cold coffee, but then I drink quickly and my coffee seldom cools significantly. Tomorrow, if I remember, I'll take the temperature of my coffee as I drink it.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
At least when it comes to drip, if the quality of the brew is good in the first place, it'll be good hot, room temp or iced. Espresso, though, tends to go bad (bitter, sour) if it isn't drunk fairly quickly after being drawn.

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve been know to take a cup in the car on the way to a job, then finish it on the way back home many hours later. Always tastes fine to me. Of course, I would only do this with black coffee.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I enjoy coffee in any form...

First thing in the morning I drink it hot and black. If it sits in the cup on the desk for a while I'll drink at room temp. I often pour what's left of the pot in a 20oz shaker cup, splash in some french vanilla creamer and stash it in the fridge for an afternoon refresher. Not a drop goes to waste around here!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.