Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was waiting to turn left at an intersection (no light, I'm coming out of a shopping center entrance/driveway onto 4 lanes with a hard median) on the way home yesterday. A small car with a mid size dump truck behind it, are approaching the intersection from the left. Car starts slowing, slows more, and turns right (right next to me) into the shopping center. DT driver gets all irate (hand gestures, mouthing profanities, etc) because the driver of the car didn't use a turn signal, and the DT was right up on his bumper by the time he made the turn into the driveway. DT driver continues straight past the intersection......... with his turn signal on :rolleyes:

Just felt like sharing.... drivers :rolleyes:

· Registered
21,832 Posts
A guiding thought

JohnnyTooBad said:
So I was waiting to turn left at an intersection (no light, I'm coming out of a shopping center entrance/driveway onto 4 lanes with a hard median) on the way home yesterday. A small car with a mid size dump truck behind it, are approaching the intersection from the left. Car starts slowing, slows more, and turns right (right next to me) into the shopping center. DT driver gets all irate (hand gestures, mouthing profanities, etc) because the driver of the car didn't use a turn signal, and the DT was right up on his bumper by the time he made the turn into the driveway. DT driver continues straight past the intersection......... with his turn signal on :rolleyes:

Just felt like sharing.... drivers :rolleyes:
Here's how to understand it: Never attribute to malice what can so easily be explained by incompetence. Words to live by, baby!

· Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Here in the state of California, the California Vehicle Code clearly states in three sections that the turn signal must be used (properly) or else a citation may be issued. Meanwhile, here in the state of California, about 3% of people actually use their turnsignals. Asshats (the ones who don’t). Around here it’s as if their attitude is along the lines of, “I’ll just do this quickly, and everyone will be happy”, or “well your car is older than mine so clearly my shiny Lexus has the right-of-way”.

· ...?
1,481 Posts
I slammed into the side of a delivery truck last year, and the driver wasn't using a blinker. I was going straight in the bike lane of a 2 lane road, when a truck making a right turn cut me off. I was looking to my right as I started through the intersection, and when I looked straight again the truck was right in front of me. Managed to hit the brakes and skid into it, so I hit the back of the truck sideways, bounced off, hit the ground, rolled away from the truck and got back on my feet. Some tourists saw the whole thing and couldn't believe my reaction time.

I ended up in the ER, could barely move my arm from how hard I slammed my shoulder, and was bruised for weeks. I ended up getting an letter from the drivers insurance company about a month later saying they wouldn't pay any damages because I crashed into the truck.

There was definitly no blinker on, I passed the truck while it was stopped at the red light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.