Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Okay, which one of you azzhats is flying your fleet of drones in Colorado.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a30346830/mysterious-drone-swarms-colorado/

A series of nighttime visitations by a mysterious drone swarm has residents of northeastern Colorado baffled. As many as 17 drones appear to be running deliberate search patterns, as if training to look for something. And nobody knows exactly who is controlling the drones, as both the Army and Air Force deny the swarm belongs to them.
An article in the Denver Post says residents of Phillips and Yuma counties have repeatedly seen up to 17 drones at a time, at night between the hours of 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. The drones have wingspans of up to five or six feet, fly between 30 and 40 miles per hour, and are equipped with red, white, green, and blue navigation lights. The swarm is apparently flying 25-mile grid squares, with drones flying one square and then another.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
3 axis test... bad weather & new firmware updates have me grounded.

I need to figure out editing software.

·
Neophyte
2,141 Posts
Last one I'll post unless I capture something really interesting... but first crash...

Straight into tree branches, 20 foot fall onto concrete. Miraculously the props were fine but I cracked a landing skid. Fixed with electrical tape for now-- drone came with extras but this should hold for a while.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Storms were forecast through the night and into the dawn. Imagine my surprise upon seeing the setting moon as I stumbled to the head.

Alas, by the time I prepped my Mini, clouds rolled in!

Alas part deux, I rotated the drone 180 and got this (a lot of post including + speed)

Original clip 3:33 minutes.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Who's Zooms Who... My drone does not have a zoom, but the effect can be simulated in post.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,883 Posts
never seem my house from this angle.
BTW the preponderance of trees does NOT make this any easier!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Akirasho

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
never seem my house from this angle.
BTW the preponderance of trees does NOT make this any easier!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Decided to test "Quickshots" for the first time. Somebody should rake some leaves and pick up trash...a coat of paint on that back door wouldn't hurt!! Damn, the house needs work!!!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts