Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
11 degrees F. Drone rated to 32. Fingers crap'd out. You need bare fingers to access functions in the app (android phone).
FUN!!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
It's not that the drone itself cannot operate in the low temps.. it's the electrolytic fluid in the batteries that can freeze... be very very careful in freezing temps. Frozen batteries can become unstable as they defrost...

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
It's not that the drone itself cannot operate in the low temps.. it's the electrolytic fluid in the batteries that can freeze... be very very careful in freezing temps. Frozen batteries can become unstable as they defrost...
The drone is rated for 104 to 32 F. On this flight, ambient temp was 11 F, but the battery and drone were house warm minutes before. Also, operation generates heat. Also, also, total flight time was only slightly longer than the video (pre-flight, launch and landing). Also also also, the flight was a test of cold weather function.

Also also also also I've got 3 birds. Next time, I'll fly the Big Boy.. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Crash!!

Low battery warning followed by RTH and forced landing. At the last second I attempted to fly on to my porch. The drone then said, "what part of low battery warning don't you understand?"

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
technically speaking, a "dead cat" is a wind shield for your microphone while recording B Roll for your drone video..

or...

61 - 75 of 75 Posts