Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I currently have a flat-bar hybrid, but I think I would like a drop bar bike.

I use my hybrid for getting around a bit but mainly for fitness rides where I like to try and go fast (for me). I find myself trying to crouch to eliminate wind resistance and it kind of works but is obviously awkward on flat bars.

Here is what I think I'd like:
- Drop bars
- Clearance for 32mm (at least) tires - some paths around here are poorly maintained... though I may also try thinner tires
- Fender mountability
- Platform pedals for safety in traffic and convenience. I will likely add some MTB type flats. Goofy, I know, but whatever.

I don't need anything super high performance nor am I looking for a hipster bike necessarily. I want to be faster than on flat bars but still reasonably comfortable. I don't have a limited budget and would like to maybe buy something a little better than what I need so that I don't have to buy twice.

I was thinking maybe some kind of touring bike or maybe a CX bike? Is that a good way to go?

I was considering a Giant TCX 1. Any other ideas?

Thanks
TManiac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I guess I'm not totally clear on what I want, partially because I am looking some something less road-ish than a roadbike and that CX might make the most sense even though I'm not doing CX!

As for disc vs canti, for this kind of riding I'm not sure I care. I had cantis on a MTB I used as a commuter when I was in highschool and they were fine, and so are the disc brakes on my 29er...

Thanks for the guidance, I will check out the local LBS-es.

TMANIAC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.