argument against heroin than that

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
jtolleson said:
I'm the exact age for remembering Leif... I was probably in about 7th grade for his hayday. Oh, we loved him so.
JT, i've found your av:

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
So did he resist arrest?

Looks like someone popped him between his eyes.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I'll bet people leave him alone at the supermarket now, unlike when he was a teen idol. Some people probably change aisles.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
TUT2222 said:
Looks like someone popped him between his eyes.
so do i. the j's walks around with a nasty scar where a nice gouge was cut out of my nose.

i like to say it's from a barfight and "you should see the other guys".

but actually i fell out of my car. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
so do i. the j's walks around with a nasty scar where a nice gouge was cut out of my nose.

i like to say it's from a barfight and "you should see the other guys".

but actually i fell out of my car. :rolleyes:
while trying to do a keg stand?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
lousylegs said:
while trying to do a keg stand?
there was only one person strong enough to get on the J-lift for the kegstand and he knew better than to get me kegstanding on that weekend. the Johann.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
And that's what it did on the outside.......

thinkcooper said:
That's tragic. Yikes.
just imagine what his internal organs look like.......not to mention his thoughts.

Sad, really sad.

Damn Monkey.

Len

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Len J said:
just imagine what his internal organs look like.......not to mention his thoughts.

Sad, really sad.

Damn Monkey.

Len
Len, i love you buddy, and i read all yer posts.

but we're gonna have a serious talk about your avatar.

ouch.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
jtolleson said:
I'm the exact age for remembering Leif... I was probably in about 7th grade for his hayday. Oh, we loved him so.
My wife loved him too. I just emailed her that link with the pics and she started crying. Well, almost.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Man...look at the before and after shots of Leif Garrett--if you ever needed any proof what hard living will do to your looks this is it--granted one is a mug shot and the other a publicity still, but still...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-011806garrett_lat,0,1737278.story?coll=la-home-headlines
I never liked Leif, the girl I had a crush on in 8th grade thought he was the shiznit so naturally I hated him, plus he couldn't skate to save his life and they always made him out as some great skater.......sad how he has ended up though......

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
kpcw said:
This is not a tragedy imo. Tragedy is when something bad happens to someone who is good.
What makes him good? I'm not saying he's not good. I have no way of knowing. I'm just wondering whether you have some special insight into his character.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
How does Mick Jagger stay alive?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kpcw said:
This is not a tragedy imo. Tragedy is when something bad happens to someone who is good.

Leif is reaping what he sows, has been for years. In 1979 he was alleged to be wasted behind the wheel, crashed his car and in the process, paralyzed his passenger/best friend, for life.

Growing up, my sisters and all the girls were in love with him. It is sad...sad to see him addicted to coke, heroin and booze.

I hope he sees the light before it's too dark.
maybe not a tragedy by that definition, but still sad. I feel for the guy. Never tried heroin because I figured I'd like it too much. Looks like a wise choice after seeing what it does to people.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
kpcw said:
Disagree with you on that statement Mr. K. Good or bad, I think tragedy hits both sides of the fence.

Nice follow-up post BTW. Maybe this will be the event that rocks him to the core and helps him to see some kinda light.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
kpcw said:
I hear ya, I can be harsh. It's just me, my nature...if I hear of someone who was DWI and they drive off a cliff verus someone who was sober but their car gets a flat around the curve and falls off the cliff...I view these two things very differently. Forgive me, it is the Spock :rolleyes: logic in me (there is mostly Kirk and a wee bit of Bones too ;) )
That last one reminds me of the very twisted Kirk & Spock sex/love audio clip. Audio samples from the Star Trek, strung together in a very kinky, very gay way. A little Spock in you just sparked it for me...

Harsh? KPCW? What would ever make you think that? :D Talk to you later chief.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts