Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm looking for that Gvideo/Youtube clip of the band/drumline that was playing as a cx race was going on. I think it was at Cross Crusade?

I'm basically looking for evidence in order to prove how sweet it is to have a band at a cx race...have some friends that would play if I can convince them they would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
ratspike said:
That's the Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers and they rock my face off. I was really bummed they weren't out for Cross Crusade this year. Did they show for USGP?
They were there for the elite races on day two I think. In '06 they were out at Hillsboro cranking it out during my race (35+) and it was awesome. There was this moment during the race when I was flying past the LRSD on the tarmac, mud flying off my tires into my teeth, cold hard rain stinging my face -- the primal rhythmic beats resonated through my body and it was just perfect. THE perfect cyclocross moment.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Gripped said:
They were there for the elite races on day two I think. .
Brooke,

They actually started playing with about 1 to go for us on Sunday. I had a serious adrenaline surge & picked off 4-5 guys on the last lap, powering through the deep mud sections after pit #2. Hell, I even sprinted a team mate & beat him with a bike throw. I wish they would have started playing 30 minutes earlier. :) Those drums just make you dig deeper. :thumbsup:

DP

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
DPCX said:
They actually started playing with about 1 to go for us on Sunday.
Yes, I remember that. I too wish they had started much earlier in the race. It might have delivered a little of the motivation I was lacking when faced with a last row start for the second day in a row.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.