Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In getting ready for my trip next week, I am still at a loss in terms of a front rack bag to keep my DSLR and "important" stuff that I can quickly remove and carry with me while buzzing around SLO/SC/Coops Backyard.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally It would posess the following feature:
Easy to remove - Carrying handle or straps
Big enough for DSLR inside + 4 energy bars (ish)
Zippered pockets or space for wallet, celly
Not cost $350
Make me faster...

I am kinda "meeh" about my handlebar bag that I made the DSLR holder for... Its **ok**... but not really ideal for what I want, I think...

THoughts?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Omfg...

Sometimes I marvel at my ability to overlook the simple option... Jeebuz...

The Camera fits perfectly into the internal pouch... SUCCESS!

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
You wanna borrow my gilles-berthoud for the trip?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrRoebuck said:
You wanna borrow my gilles-berthoud for the trip?
I have no idea what that is #1. And I think the Nashbar bag is going to work out well, now that I HTFU'd

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
It's the one I made that shelf for.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DrRoebuck said:
It's the one I made that shelf for.

I appreciate the offer, but I think it may be too big for my ride. I really like that bag though! I think Topanga Creek has them in stock...

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I just tried out my lowepro inverse 100 lumbar pack for the first time today. 65 miles and I never really noticed I was wearing it with my DSLR and lunch onboard. It is one of those products that just plain impressed the heck out of me. After today I see no advantage to bar pack. I could stop, swing it to the side of my hip and grab the camera in no time. And it makes it much more useful off of the bike. I got it from seller SellNSend on ebay for 34.95 as a buy it now, Amazon wanted 64 bucks. I can't recommend the pack or the seller enough.

LowePro Inverse 100 AW

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
So Bent, is your bike gonna weigh like, erm, me? :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
VaughnA said:
I just tried out my lowepro inverse 100 lumbar pack for the first time today. 65 miles and I never really noticed I was wearing it with my DSLR and lunch onboard. It is one of those products that just plain impressed the heck out of me. After today I see no advantage to bar pack. I could stop, swing it to the side of my hip and grab the camera in no time. And it makes it much more useful off of the bike. I got it from seller SellNSend on ebay for 34.95 as a buy it now, Amazon wanted 64 bucks. I can't recommend the pack or the seller enough.

LowePro Inverse 100 AW
Thanks for the tip it seems it's about half the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts