Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i rode a friend's custom wheelset. kinlin xr-270 rims laced to dt-swiss 240s hubs (20 spokes front, 24 spokes rear).

we ride the same tires and tubes (continental gp4000s tyres and conti race lite tubes). i set them up with the same tire pressure that i normally run. i run reynolds solitude wheels.

i was simply floored by how smooth and fast the hubs felt. hard to describe, but they just seemed to roll forever and seemed...smoooth. am i imagining this? i kinda hope so because i'm doing a custom build and was planning on novatec hubs and now i kinda want the dt hubs! they would kill my budget, but i think i could possibly wait.

mh

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
today i rode a friend's custom wheelset. kinlin xr-270 rims laced to dt-swiss 240s hubs (20 spokes front, 24 spokes rear).

we ride the same tires and tubes (continental gp4000s tyres and conti race lite tubes). i set them up with the same tire pressure that i normally run. i run reynolds solitude wheels.

i was simply floored by how smooth and fast the hubs felt. hard to describe, but they just seemed to roll forever and seemed...smoooth. am i imagining this? i kinda hope so because i'm doing a custom build and was planning on novatec hubs and now i kinda want the dt hubs! they would kill my budget, but i think i could possibly wait.
Unless your current hubs are crap or badly worn/adjusted, it wasn't the hubs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.