Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to take off from my DT Swiss R1700 wheels the decals and leave them completely black.

I know my question will sounds weird, but before of starting and maybe make a disaster I would like to know if it is possible to do it without leaving residues of glue on the rims.

Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your question is kind of hard to translate but I think I know what your asking. You can just use a hair dryer to warm up the decals and then lift them up with a razor blade. It's probably better to do it without the tires glued on so you don't compromise the bond at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your question is kind of hard to translate but I think I know what your asking. You can just use a hair dryer to warm up the decals and then lift them up with a razor blade. It's probably better to do it without the tires glued on so you don't compromise the bond at all.
Thanks. Sorry for my bad english. I tried to change my question. Will the razor blade scratch the rim paint?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Teddy I have a set of DT Swiss RR585 that I changed the decals on. To do this all I done was warm the rim gently with hair dryer then just get your finger nail under the decal and peel off. This did leave a slight residue of glue that I removed with white sprit on a rag.HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.