Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there:

i recently acquired a wicked serotta frame from ebay, at a pretty wicked deal, and have built it up with various parts for the past few months. i'm going for a bit of a racy century dream bike here, sticking with the campy theme as much as possible, and still waiting on my crank and front derailleur in the mail. anyway, i just wanted to see if anyone happens to know what exactly the frame is. it says ti on the top tube by the headtube, and this is the serial number: TI54L00067. and, if you were the original owner, i'd love to hear from you! thanks a lot.
n.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome. thanks a lot for the info thus far. i am currently posting on the serotta forum. while we're at it, anyone know the vintage of this hub? i'm trying to use a spocalc spreadsheet, for spoke length, and am guessing that it's a pre-1999 chorus/athena/something. thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
built, broken, and moving on.

got this built up shortly after consulting with all the experts on here, and have been immersed in life and riding ever since. moving on to a carl strong custom based on the awesome geometry and ride of this frame.

it cracked last summer (or before), and took some sourcing to figure out a repair that wouldn't be $900 from serotta and 6 weeks' wait. matt chester, utah(?) off-road-fixed-gear-drop-bar guru hooked me up with a gorgeous and fully-functional repair in four days and at a very low cost. i've been 'riding the piss out of it' as per serotta forum members' advice ever since, and it's been great. plush beyond belief, and not yet re-broken. anyway, happy riding to all.

n.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.