Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· $4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the item, but the purchaser. Me.

For Christmas, I wanted a new helmet. My wife suggested that I buy the one I want, have it delivered, and she will wrap it. OK, not exactly a surprise, but I get what I want. So I order a Selev Matrix carbon helmet from ProBikeKit.com. "One size fits all" "Adjustable from 56-60cm" $100. Got it!! Beautiful helmet. Only problem: it doesn't fit. It's too small.

You say I should have returned it right away. Problem is: I didn't even wear it until April when the weather got nicer. Even then, I wasn't too sure about the fit. After a long ride on Sunday, on which I got a slight headache from a too tight helmet, that I decided to throw in the towel.

Rule #1: Never buy a helmet unless you can try it on first.

Now off to EBAY or these classifieds to see if I can get some of my money out of it. Bummer.

· Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
PaulCL said:
Not the item, but the purchaser. Me.

For Christmas, I wanted a new helmet. My wife suggested that I buy the one I want, have it delivered, and she will wrap it. OK, not exactly a surprise, but I get what I want. So I order a Selev Matrix carbon helmet from ProBikeKit.com. "One size fits all" "Adjustable from 56-60cm" $100. Got it!! Beautiful helmet. Only problem: it doesn't fit. It's too small.
Didn't measure your head first, eh? I have no idea what the circumference of my head is, but given how much bigger it seems to be than a lot of peoples' heads, I'd be assuming that a mere 4 cm of adjustment would still leave me out in the cold.

Good luck getting rid of it. I'm sure there are lots of people who'd fit it and would like to have a less-commonly seen (at least in the US) hat.

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The helmet

Doctor Who said:
Hey, I need a new helmet and I live right in Cincinnati.

What would you want for it?
I'll shoot you a PM. If you buy it, I''ll send RBR whatever the normal cost of listing a classified. That's the least I can do.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"One size fits all"
What the heck........ That would scare me.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK...I screwed up

Yeah, yeah..I fell for the "one size fits all". Big mistake. $100 mistake (minus whatever I sell it for). But it's such a good lookin' helmet.....Makes me look faster.....the cool factor is very high......

· On your left
149 Posts
I had a similar experience last year when I ordered a Met Stradavarius. I measured my head & ordered the "Large" which should have had about 2cm to spare. It barely fits at its largest setting & doesn't allow room for a scull cap or do-rag, bad news for my sweaty balding head. I've relegated it to shorter rides in pleasant weather, where a cap to retain heat isn't needed & I don't need anything to absorb the persperation. The Met looks great & I've never seen another one in central California, I just wish it had the same fit & adjustability as my Ghisallo.

· Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
PaulCL said:
You say I should have returned it right away. Problem is: I didn't even wear it until April when the weather got nicer. Even then, I wasn't too sure about the fit. After a long ride on Sunday, on which I got a slight headache from a too tight helmet, that I decided to throw in the towel.
April!?

Don't you live in KY? I am sure that you could have gotten some riding in during the "winter" down there. Maybe ND has just thickened by blood. If you want to ride here, you have to be prepared for ...........um.............interesting conditions.

Sorry to here about your bad luck on that one. Try to remember, ONE SIZE FITS NONE!

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
April??

freezin_is_the_reason said:
April!?

Don't you live in KY? I am sure that you could have gotten some riding in during the "winter" down there. Maybe ND has just thickened by blood. If you want to ride here, you have to be prepared for ...........um.............interesting conditions.

Sorry to here about your bad luck on that one. Try to remember, ONE SIZE FITS NONE!
I've been riding since early March. It's just that I couldn't wear the new helmet until I could ride without a balaclava or something underneath the too tight helmet. I guess I'll be listing the helmet on EBAY tonight. Bummer. I feel like I've thrown away money. I hate that feeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.