Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had Charter cable service for a mercifully brief time before switching to DishTV. I hear nothing but complaints about their service, which probably explains why they're in bankrtuptcy. So last night my cell phone rings. It's an 800 number and I don't answer incoming calls from toll-free numbers I don't recognize. This one leaves a message. It's Charter calling to confirm my service appointment for today. My wife calls and tells them they have the wrong number and we're not Charter customers. This morning I get another message on my cell from Charter telling me the tech will be by between 9 and 10. Later, I get another message saying the tech is at my place but nobody's there. The tech is going to leave and I should call if I need to reschedule. Since then I've had three messages asking me to take a survey on the quality of the service Charter provided today on its call to my residence. If Paul Allen wants to keep dumping his money down this rat-hole that's his business but I wish they'd leave me alone while they're sinking.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Keep a very close eye on any bills/correspondence you get from them. Missed appointments usually result in surcharges.

OTOH, maybe you get free cable now, if it's worth anything.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Worst. Customer. Service. Anywhere. Ever. Period.

I won't even begin to bore everybody with a recitation of Charter's offenses, but I have never IN MY LIFE dealt with a company with worse customer service. Ever. Anywhere. No comparison. It's ALWAYS crappy.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
interestingly enough, I have NEVER heard ANYTHING good about ANY cable company....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts