Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
The frontage roads of I55 are good riding with some 2-4 mile sections. The scenery is not the best. Take that to Woodward and head east go past the movie theater and into the industrial buildings. When the road dead ends go left and snake throgh the small neighborhood to get to Lemont street.

From there head south on lemont , big down hill, and the first road on the right is Bluff Road. Great hills and turns and scenery. That will go to joliet road and take a right and then another right back into the same industioal area.

Or you can go past bluff on lemont and take the second right, it looks like a semi truck turn off for a gravel area. Turn right and take that to a bike path that is the Sentenial trail. It is newly paved and nine miles long, 3 to the right and 6 to the left

IF you live in darien you should be able to bike out from you house.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, im gonna try that. I usually take frontage road N and west from cass till I get to the movie theater where i cross I55 and take south frontage back to clarendon hills road where I go south to 91st and take that down to countyline rd where I go north to german church. From there I head east to willowsprings road and loop back up to 79th all the way back to madison and hook up with north frontage to head back home near cass. Its about 20miles or so and the hills on the east portion are pretty challenging for the area if you go the opposite direction I mentioned. I think I may head out for your route tomorrow if weather allows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.