Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a few things with the new Dura Ace groupset that I am going with to replace my Sram Red. First things first:

Mechanical or Electrical, what are peoples opinions on the difference between the two latest shimano groupsets? I have tried U DI2 and it was nice but I am not sure the price difference is worth justifying? I have not had the chance to sample the new DA9000 mechanical and as DA9070 is not readily available I wont be able to test that either.

Chat chainset and cassette combo should I look towards? I currently run 50/34 and a 11/25 cassette. I was thinking of maybe 52/38 with a 11/28 cassette? Anyone got any pointers or advice?

·
Registered
313 Posts
selecting electronic over mechanical is a purely personal decision.

For the type of riding I do, i can't justify the added cost of an electronic group. That said, the performance of the mechanical 9000 is nothing to scoff at.

as to the gearing, i used to have the 50/34 compact but have since switched to the 52/36 and am extremely happy with the change. the 50/34 is really climb oriented. the 52/36 can still climb, but can give speed as well. it's the perfect all around compromise crank. I suggest you get the 52/36 as well and select your cassette based on the type of riding you do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.