Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might anyone know where I could order them? No one in the United States seems to have them in stock so I ordered them from Germany but just got an update that they won't be available until June 7th.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
If you 'need' replacement rings at this point you'd have a warranty claim not a need to buy replacements.

Otherwise just wait. You can call Shimano in California and they'll probably be able to tell you when you'll be able to buy replacements. Or have a bike shop ask their supplier for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay, They aren't worn out - I need to switch the ratio for different terrain. Thanks. -mike

If you 'need' replacement rings at this point you'd have a warranty claim not a need to buy replacements.

Otherwise just wait. You can call Shimano in California and they'll probably be able to tell you when you'll be able to buy replacements. Or have a bike shop ask their supplier for you.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Thanks Jay, They aren't worn out - I need to switch the ratio for different terrain. Thanks. -mike
ah, Sorry I forgot about that option with Shimano cranks now. So yeah, give Shimano a call. I had a similar question on another item a while back and they were very helpful. I was under the impression their phone reps have access to production schedules, release dates and that sort of thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - will do. I've seen the 9100 rings on Ebay, but I don't know if that's a legit product. Says it's coming from Taiwan. Thanks again.

ah, Sorry I forgot about that option with Shimano cranks now. So yeah, give Shimano a call. I had a similar question on another item a while back and they were very helpful. I was under the impression their phone reps have access to production schedules, release dates and that sort of thing.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
maybe ask 'em if 9000 will work while you're at it. the arms have changed but it looks like the rings might be the same. I don't know that for fact though. This assuming you'd be okay with the color not matching.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
QBP has the small rings in stock and shows the big rings being available mid-late April.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts