Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Dura-Ace brake adjustment?

954 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kirkB 
kirkB said:
Guys,

Just got a new Felt Z25 2 weeks ago - and have been having a lot of fun doing longer rides and commuting to work (about 18 miles each way). Getting plenty of sideways looks for riding with SPD pedals and mountain shoes and helment, but having a good old time.

Anyways, on to my real question. This bike has Dura-Ace shifter/brake combo which works well - but when going down hills in the drops it seems like I have to really reach and can barely get the tips of my fingers on the brake - so I am wondering if there is any way to adjust the reach on these brakes?

Thanks,

Kirk
Interesting, I've been riding my road bikes with SPD's and mountain shoes for years, never got any looks for it. Or maybe I never noticed.

This may sound dumb, but have you tried moving the brifters lower on the bar? If they're too far up, the levers may be pointed away from the curved portion of the drops, increasing the reach. Of course, if the levers are properly positioned (or if you have small hands), Campy controls seem to have a bit shorter reach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.