Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is something wrong with this picture? Is the 11tooth sprocket too close to the dropout? Should there be a spacer between the smallest sprocket and the dropout?
I am running an old Dura Ace 8spd hub with a 9spd cassette (11-23t).

Another problem I have is I can't seem to get the SIS downtube shifter (7700 9spd) to click and lock at the top two sprockets.. But my concern right now is if perhaps my setup is no correct. Please help
:confused:

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
a) Does the chain fit in there and
b) will the RD adjust far enough to shift into it?

It looks okay to me. If it ain't grinding, you're okay. No spacer needed on that side, ever. I don't think you have a spacer on the inside of the cassette between the freehub?

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am in the process of putting the chain on now.. and i ran into some problems there. I did followed the instructions I found on the net on how to size the chain, but it didn't seem to work.. I cut the chain to short.

Anyway i think there is enough space for the chain without grind.. I haven't put eveyrthing together to check yet, but from just eye balling it looks ok.

Yes I do have a 1mm spacer between the casset and the freehub.. Without it, the sprockets will be loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.