Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halp! Got a used bike with DA Di2 7970 on it, and everything works fine... except that shifting is reversed, both for the front derailleur and rear derailleur. Namely, for the rear derailleur, if I press the inside (lower) button, the derailleur will go toward the larger cogs, instead of going toward the smaller cogs like with mechanical. Same with the front derailleur, lower button shifts to large chainring. This is very annoying, as it goes against my habits, and I need to think everytime I have to shift - when this electric system was precisely designed to make my life easier!!

Is there something that can be reset to make the shifters work the 'regular' way?? I thought that shifting cannot be reversed on 7970, only on the newer 9070?? I disconnected and reconnected the rear der to check, didn't change anything. Disconnected the front wire kit from rear wire kit, didn't do anything. All arrows are well aligned on the connectors, and after all I don't think you can push them all the way through if they are not aligned correctly. I did read all instructions pdfs from shimano, didn't find anything relevant. Help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.