Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When mounting a Dura Ace 8 speed cassette on a Mavic Ksyrium Elite rim, where do the spacers go (the ones that come with the rim and the ones that come with the cassette)? I have been searching the internet for an exploded view of the Dura Ace cassette, but Shimano only seems to post their latest equipment.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
spacers on first

You may or may not need the thin spacer that came with the cassette. You probably will need the wider spacer that came with the wheel. Both would go on before the cassette. Try it with just the thick one, if the lockring bottoms out on the freehub body before compressing the cassette, add the thin one.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
No Strings said:
When mounting a Dura Ace 8 speed cassette on a Mavic Ksyrium Elite rim, where do the spacers go (the ones that come with the rim and the ones that come with the cassette)? I have been searching the internet for an exploded view of the Dura Ace cassette, but Shimano only seems to post their latest equipment.

Thanks.
What spacers do you have with the Dura Ace cassette? AFAIK there are none, unless you have a 10 speed cassette. Then the spacer is used on non-10 speed cassette bodies. The mavic spacer is usually a spoke protector in plastic and must be fitted before a cassette is.

Can you post pics of the parts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I believe I understand what needs to be done now. I guess my main concern was whether a spacer needed to be placed "before" the cassette, and now realize that they are so that the lock ring functions properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts