Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a 28c One up front and a 28c 4000sII on the rear and this is the comparison at the end on the One's life. Just wanted to post to get it out there.

Finger Skin Joint Wrist Nail

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
on my first set of Schwalbe ONEs...like the ride, but not impressed with the mileage.

have 2100 miles on them, seriously doubt the rear will make it to 3K.

last Conti 4Ks lasted 5800 on the rear, 9K on the front.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
That's pretty bad for the schwalbe.. On the front even.. No thanks

Hell that rear 4000 looks barely squared off.. Lots left

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
The 28 Conti measures closer to 31mm on wide rims than 28mm but if it fits your fork or chainstays it's a tough tire to beat!
Regretfully, it only fits one of my "go-fast" bikes.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I've had great luck with the Schwalbe One's in 25mm with standard rims. Much better life than Pro4's I was using in the past and a really nice ride. I recently bought another 6 for this season. Ribble had them for $55 a set. I'm going to put a set on my Pacenti wheelset to see how they profile on a wide rim.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The Schwalbe One is not a long lasting tire. But it is fast, comfortable and very good against punctures. I use the Schwalbe for long distance rides, 200k, 300k, 400k +. After 3 sets in the back, 2 up front I get less flats then when I was using Michelin Pro 4 Endurance and the Schwalbe is faster and a much smoother ride. But about 2500 miles on the rear seems to be what they are good for.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
I've had great luck with the Schwalbe One's in 25mm with standard rims. Much better life than Pro4s..
well, crap...

after the ONEs die, I have a set of Pro4s to try out. if they're less durable than the Schwalbes, I'll be seriously unimpressed.

looks like I'll be going back to Contis.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I always heard GP4000S IIs were prone to sidewall cuts. I guess I shouldn't have ridden them in the rainy season which leaves small jagged rocks, twigs, sand, etc. all over the road. The tires below had 250ish miles on them.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I'd say they are indeed very prone to sidewall cuts. I've retired a couple of SII's with less than 250 miles on them myself. Really sucks. I really do my best to avoid gravel and such with them now. Otherwise great tire.

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
I have not found my favorite tire yet so I rotate around. Going to try Spesh turbos next maybe after Conti 4k 25s wear out. I have only two faults with Contis as already indicated with higher probability of sidewall damage rendering the tire unsafe/destroyed and not as smooth as other options. 25s seem longer lasting than 23s too.

Pro4s feel nice and smooth, like the handling, but crack and cut easy and are not as fast rolling per testing. I can't necessarily feel the speed difference though as it's only a few watts but faster is faster.

That Schwable in the pics sort of looks like what happens to Pro4s with the microcracks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts