Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just watched the DVD about Team CSC in the 2004 season...it was fantastic! Has anyone else seen this? I actually bought it for a friend because he is a big CSC homer and then he lent it back to me and now I wish I would have purchased for myself...This is not your typical cycling movie. I thought the format of the movie was very unique... and I now have a whole new appreciation for what the directors of the team go through...great stuff! Check it out if you haven't already.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
mootinator said:
So I just watched the DVD about Team CSC in the 2004 season...it was fantastic! Has anyone else seen this? I actually bought it for a friend because he is a big CSC homer and then he lent it back to me and now I wish I would have purchased for myself...This is not your typical cycling movie. I thought the format of the movie was very unique... and I now have a whole new appreciation for what the directors of the team go through...great stuff! Check it out if you haven't already.
No doubt the best cycling vid I own...and I own TOO many! Just a great movie/vid/documentary...that look Lance shoots Riis in the team car on d'Huez was priceless.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Hey, I've been thinking about ordering Overcoming from World Cycling, only I noticed that some people say it's encoded in a format that many US DVD players have trouble with.

Any truth to that?

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Argentius said:
Hey, I've been thinking about ordering Overcoming from World Cycling, only I noticed that some people say it's encoded in a format that many US DVD players have trouble with.

Any truth to that?
Works fine on my cheapo player... :confused:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Excellent DVD ! Got it for myself for X-mas. Have watched it 4 times at least... Love the special features too especially the footage on Jens Voigt. Great great movie!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although the photography is beautiful, I though it was just a love fest for Bjarne Riis. But what do you expect it was a movie about Riis and CSC.

The DVD that stays in my DVD carousel is:

La Course en Tete / The Greatest Show on Earth - DVD

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Argentius said:

Any truth to that?
You have to be sure you get one that's NTSC and Region 1 coded if you want to play it in the US. If you buy from the UK, it's most likely to be PAL, and may also be Region 2 coded.

The US/Japan video format (NTSC) is not compatible with the European/UK/Australian format (PAL). Kind of a shame, since PAL actually has higher resolution in non-HD output than NTSC.

Of course, if you have a multi-region, multi-format player (very very few people in the US do), or you buy it from a retailer that's more or less local to you (in the same country/continent), it's no worry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Denver Public Library

mootinator said:
I just had the library orede rit forme and its in, i will see it soon. If you live in Denver it's availble. Also - some other people should start rqusting that the library buy dvds. They do it's easy but I seem to be the only one doing it!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I love that DVD & got it when it first came out.

You would also like this
mms://wms.dr.dk/storage/nyheder/Sport/fodbold/dokumentar/smertens_vej/smertens_sejr.wmv

This is also a CSC documentary but during Tylers time. It is free to watch but if you dont have a good connection right click it & save as.
Then watch it.
The above documentary shot in 2003 is called "Smertens Sejr" (English: The Victory of Pain) and it has nothing to do with the other documentary movie shot in 2004 called "Overcoming", except they are both about Team CSC. Not all in English but a lot of it is.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
How's it compare to "The Quest"? Liked that one.

Lou.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Agree that Overcoming is much better than the quest & Hell on Wheels
I would rate them
1) Overcoming
2) Hell on wheels
3) Quest

1 - 13 of 13 Posts