Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks am I just extremely paranoid or does this sound right to you. I just got an e-mail from E Bay. The subjest is listed as TKO NOTICE: A27 eBay Password Reset - (my e-mail @hotmail.com) Follow Instruction Immediately. The note states that my E Bay account may have been compromised and that I should follow the instructions provided. The first thing that they recommend is to change my password on my personal e-mail account to verify that it cannot be accessed by anyone else. It then gives me several other things to do on the E Bay site. Has anyone else gotten this? Also why would they want me to change my e-mail password? Hopefully this is legit but with all the scams going I thought I might check here first. Thanks.

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,459 Posts
reh1966 said:
OK folks am I just extremely paranoid or does this sound right to you. I just got an e-mail from E Bay. The subjest is listed as TKO NOTICE: A27 eBay Password Reset - (my e-mail @hotmail.com) Follow Instruction Immediately. The note states that my E Bay account may have been compromised and that I should follow the instructions provided. The first thing that they recommend is to change my password on my personal e-mail account to verify that it cannot be accessed by anyone else. It then gives me several other things to do on the E Bay site. Has anyone else gotten this? Also why would they want me to change my e-mail password? Hopefully this is legit but with all the scams going I thought I might check here first. Thanks.
That is a scam. Report it to eBay: [email protected] Any 'officical' communications from eBay to you will also be posted on your "My Ebay" section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.