1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Yippee!

big game said:
yep...it's happening @ Renshler Field...follow details @

bikerag
I really missed Manchester last summer. As a "sometimes" racer (masters, but started too old to be any good, not that I would have been any good anyway) I really enjoyed those races. They gave me a chance to push myself a bit, and several of the guys from CVC were always ready to lend advice (and even the occasional push) while I was struggling to hang with the "B" pack.

Do you know where the course is laid out? Will it be near the stadium, or on the old runways where they had a race a couple of years ago?

Thanks again for posting the news.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i get home last week of may and would love to do a few races over the summer. I live down in fairfield county, but whatever, i'll drive. anyways is this normal cat racing? will it be on bikereg.com?

thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
jcavilia - thanks, its a ton closer

what exactly is a training crit series...btw?

for the bethel one is same day registration cool/availible/normal?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
CC09 said:
what exactly is a training crit series...btw?

for the bethel one is same day registration cool/availible/normal?
Training crits are generally a lot more informal than the big weekend races. Most (including the ones under discussion) are run weekly for several months, and draw a more local crowd than the weekend races do. Entry fees are lower. There are no full category distinctions; rather, there's usually an "A" race and a "B" race, and the riders are allowed to segregate themselves, though the organizers usually try to keep 1-2-3 riders from sandbagging in the B race.

Since the purpose is training, some races (at least in my experience) relax a lot of the usual rules; e.g., if you get dropped it may be okay to just sit out a lap and jump back in (be sure and check on this kind of stuff). As for same-day registration, I don't know Bethel specifically, but at other training crits this is the norm. Since they're usually on weekday nights they draw a local crowd, and I've never heard of a field being closed because too many riders showed up.

Hope this is helpful. For more specific questions I'd check with the organizers.
http://www.cyclefitness.com/races.htm

Have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts