Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have them and absolutely love them. They're very well made, Mine have ~250-300 hours on them and not a thing has gone wrong, there is no wear anywhere on them.

You can go from no tension to massive tension, I can do everything from recovery rides on them to VO2 intervals, you can even sprint as long as you are somewhat smooth with your accelerations.

The rocking is pretty cool because, its nearly impossible to go off the rollers. I've intentionally tried to rock off them and I can't do it. Of course you can tip over if you try like any other rollers, but if you stay up straight, you can't ride off the side of them due to the wheels on the front drum.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
there are quite a people who have made their own motion rollers pretty simply with standard rollers if price is a concern...

check out youtube.

Chad

·
Registered
186 Posts
I tried them for almost 2 months now and beleive it or not they are more than perfect. I like to train indoor now rather than outdoors. You can do anything on these rollers with any efforts while using the resistance unit.

The best thing on this rollers is that you can stand up on them, the fourth time on this rollers I was able to stand and ride free hands. They are really better than the fluid trainner as they will help you to maintain your form beside doing hard workouts for your legs.

Get them and you will never regret the decision.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Nimitz said:
there are quite a people who have made their own motion rollers pretty simply with standard rollers if price is a concern...
But they're breaking the law! :p

According to E-Motion, it's not legal to build a roller like the one they sell, even for your own use. Any patent lawyers here who can tell us if this is BS or not?

·
Eddy 53:11
3,159 Posts
At $850 it's a bit of an ouch factor. They look quite nice though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
JetSpeed said:
At $850 it's a bit of an ouch factor. They look quite nice though.
They certainly are expensive, but for those of us that have icy roads for 4-5 months out of the year, they are a very good investment.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
wim said:

According to E-Motion, it's not legal to build a roller like the one they sell, even for your own use. Any patent lawyers here who can tell us if this is BS or not?
complete BS most don't even use the same design on movement.

Chad

·
Registered
152 Posts
wim said:

While a manufacturer would like you to believe that, it becomes illegal if you make a set, then SELL them.

·
Mad Pharmacist
43 Posts
i have one and i like them. before this, i had a folding one which had a limited resistance, but this one has many levels of resistance. in terms of the feel, i still think it's not quite like riding on a road. this one is pretty big and heavy. you will need to find a place to put this as moving it around is very cumbersome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts