Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
The regular E5 have the alum rear triangle compared to the E5 team issue. From what I know the team weighs more and the carbon dosen't add any more comfort. I ahve the regular and the I know some of one teammates have the team version and also has the a regular E5 and he says there is no difference.

· Registered
518 Posts
What fork do you have with that frame? The carbon-triangle bikes came with a fork that looks decidedly less sturdy than the standard S-works fork. I have the same bike and was going to upgrade, but never got around to it. I ride a 62cm frame and it's been fine, but it's definitely a different component than a factory spec'd E5 S-works. The paint/decal work is also a little different on the team bike, but that's not really a "significant" difference to me.

The carbon rear is a nice touch but I can't really tell that much difference over the standard full-Al bike. I think both bikes are awesome all-'round racing machines, especially for the money. That being said, I wouldn't sell one to get the other....pretty similar in my book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.