Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the market to replace my 10 year old 3TTT Prima 220 bars with something a bit more modern. The most important thing to me is a good shape, and I have heard great things about the Easton EA90 SLX3's shape - relatively short and shallow but I like that it has a semi-normal curve in the drops.

Problem: I will be using these with a Syntace C3 aero bar. I can't see on Easton's website or installation instructions warnings or blessings for using an Aero Bar with these bars. I may have missed it. Does anyone know if it is acceptable to use clip-on's with this model?

If the carbon EA90 SLX3 is a No-Go for use with the Syntace C3, does Easton offer an aluminum equivalent with the same bend?

Thanks,

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I see that this has been asked previously and a response was posted from someone at Easton:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=207109

Funny that the website links for the aerobars made by Easton (in the above post) are broken. I can't find anything about their aero bars on Easton's website - did they discontinue?

At any rate, it sounds like from the instructions online that if I can clamp on the center portion (not tapered) then it should work. It doesn't make me feel good that I submitted this question as a direct email to Easton and I haven't gotten a response yet.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
You have to look at them under Tri/TT section.

And yes, clamp them on th center portion. It was answered in the post you linked.

Easton said:
Yes, the round section near the stem clamp is good for aerobar clamps too.
Our Aeroforce CNT and Aeroforce MOD aero extensions are approved for clamping on our road bars.

Other aerobars with similar clamps should work too but we haven't tested them all and can't guarantee their performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts