Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flushed a piece of ear wax out of my left ear this morning that was bigger than a pea. HTH

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG. This new courtroom I got transferred to is freezing! There is a thermometer on the wall. It says 58 degrees! WTF!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Be glad it came out the easy way. I had some earwax harden in my ear from rolling in cold water on a winter kayaking trip which I apparently made worse by trying to q-tip what I thought was just water out of my ear. Apparently it trapped some river water inside. Didn't realize it at the time, thought I was just a little stuffy from cold weather boating. A few days later I had a nasty upper respiratory infection and was woke up during the night to really intense ear pain and blood running out of my ear. The inner ear infection had perforated my eardrum or something like that. The doctors visit the next day was fun. Yelling or saying stop wasn't an option with a cute nurse in the room but I swear I left finger marks in the metal chair arms while they were trying to dig out the wax.

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
pics or it didn't happen, scooter.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
OMG. This new courtroom I got transferred to is freezing! There is a thermometer on the wall. It says 58 degrees! WTF!!!!!!!!
Let us know when the intense ear pain/blood running out the ear phase kicks in.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
did you eat it?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Ear wax. Nomnomnomnomnom

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
il sogno said:
Let us know when the intense ear pain/blood running out the ear phase kicks in.
Too late. If he was going for that, he had to shove the wax in, not flush it out. Opportunity = missed.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
My bike chain is very quiet now that I use ear wax as the lube.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Man, couldn't they just melt it first with hot water?

Inflamed ear? Digging out wax ? Owwww!

I've had "swimmers ear" a quite a few times. The most notable episode was when I was 14 in Nags Head, NC 1969. I couldn't stand up without puking. The on call Doc packed my ear with some kind of wadding to soak up all the fluid. I was amazed when he pulled it out how much wadding there was, and how long he was pulling it out. I bet they don't even do that anymore, just start immediately on antibiotics.

Ear infections always seem to hurt.

Oh yeah, earwax is there for a reason. It just isn't perfect.

LWP said:
Be glad it came out the easy way. I had some earwax harden in my ear from rolling in cold water on a winter kayaking trip which I apparently made worse by trying to q-tip what I thought was just water out of my ear. Apparently it trapped some river water inside. Didn't realize it at the time, thought I was just a little stuffy from cold weather boating. A few days later I had a nasty upper respiratory infection and was woke up during the night to really intense ear pain and blood running out of my ear. The inner ear infection had perforated my eardrum or something like that. The doctors visit the next day was fun. Yelling or saying stop wasn't an option with a cute nurse in the room but I swear I left finger marks in the metal chair arms while they were trying to dig out the wax.

·
Eager Learner
164 Posts
I am always a little proud and a little scared when a big ball of wax falls out of my ear. It's weird when you actually feel something 'big' roll out of your ear. It freaks my wife out. (and it should).

As for big boogers, I'm never scared, just proud. And I am most proud of those that have a certain consistency....I'd go further, but I'm not that used to the Lounge, so pardon me... :)

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My crowning achievement.

BTW - The fuzzy, white-lookin' stuff is toilet paper.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
why is it all black? that's not wax

1 - 20 of 30 Posts