Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a full 22pounds of CARBON ahhhaa! note the black "gorrila" tape on it. It has nothing to do with decoration, it is just hiding the poxy that i had to put on a crack. But it still rides well.

How much do you guys think i can get for this bike? with a frame that has been cracked but fixed?

Full Dura Ace 7speed
Aerospoke wheels
fsa k-force handlebar
fsa seatpost
salle italia
keo

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
The "cracked and repaired then covered with tape" frame is worth nothing, the parts a bit, the wheels are the real value here (depending on their condition).

· Banned
7,191 Posts
You gots parts.

The fixed-gear crowd would go ape-$#!% for those aerospokes... 'Specially if there wuz some way to fix the rear wheel.

DA 7- the retro crowd might want that... post it in retro classic and see...

Cracked frame=worthless.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

batman1425: No, these are 650c wheels. They are in good condition. Everything else works well. I might put the whole bike on ebay and if nobody bets on it then I might want to break it down and sell it by parts.

I am surprised though, even with having that crack and almost 15years old, it still rides very good.

· yup
2,739 Posts
Yeah no one is going to buy a cracked frame. I'd part it out. Those things were the cool back in the day though. I didn't think dura-ace had a 7spd group with brake/shift levers. Surprised they aren't down-tube shifters.

EDIT: I take it back, someone would buy a cracked frame, prolly just not pay much for it. Like I might do it for 40 bucks if it were my size....

· duh...
9,749 Posts
threaded to threadless adapter = jive, IMO... that and a cracked (fixed?) frame- covered up/hidden- with relatively odd sized wheels... better to part out

· Banned
2,243 Posts
No one will buy a cracked and repaired CF frame that has tape covering the repaired tube, unless that frame is being sold as "wall art." In fact, trying to sell the frame as "rideable" would be irresponsible, at best.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes it look like I am going to have to sell it by parts. The frame is very much rideable. I ride it about 35 miles everyday and abuse it as a single-speed or fixed bike.
The wheels look "odd" because this is a TT bike. If you see that Huge ring-chain on it, you'll understand.

Hopefully i will make 'close' enough money to by a used 07 BMC SL01 frame.
Thanks for your opinions though, very much appreciated .

· scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
At least do the frame some justice and tape it with white electrical tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.