Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thousands of them all over the roads on my way to work this morning. If my bike fell in the river fish would eat it. Hope it's rained hard enough to wash the road clean 'cause this morning's commute was disgusting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I hear ya. They were all over the cycle path Monday for me. Gross! And they smell too. Made me glad for fenders, that's for sure!

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Another reason to flyfish :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We were plagued by Mormon crickets for a few years in the West. I think (hope) it`s over with now, but a similar situation- slimy wet mess all over the roads. Dangerous and nasty.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Which part of your route?

Spinfinity said:
Thousands of them all over the roads on my way to work this morning. If my bike fell in the river fish would eat it. Hope it's rained hard enough to wash the road clean 'cause this morning's commute was disgusting.
Down on the floodplain where I live, I didn't notice any excessive number of critters. Of course, I've been riding the rain bike all week, and I try not to look at it too closely (if I don't notice the dirt, I don't have to clean it, right?)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rode across Addison Rd. yesterday. Most of the worms were in residential neighborhoods including my own. Riding home near along Main ST and Naubuc there weren't nearly as many.

Riding from New Orleans to Daytona I camped at a start park in Sopchoppy but that was 25 years ago. Only grunt on the steep climbs..

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
They're hard to clean off. They're almost nothing but protein. A science teacher where I once worked, used to make worm cookies. They weren't too bad. Even some of the kids liked them. Can't really go by that, though. They'll eat almost anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.