Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year it was 90 degrees on Easter. This year it was a balmy 45 degrees...God how I hate cold weather... I managed to get in 30 miles.

My ride for today was my Swift folder that I converted to a fixed gear.

I snapped a couple of pictures in between freezing my [email protected]@ off...

·
Registered
42 Posts
We had the same situation here in Birmingham, AL. Last weekend was in the 80s and it got up to about 55 today.
The swift looks like it would be a lot of fun. What did you have to do to convert it? Are those dropouts original? If not, someone did a nice job on them.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Lucky you, Dave. The high here was around 30 degrees with snow. Lame.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ha ha

Dave Hickey said:
The Swift came with horizontal dropouts. The converstion was easy. I added a fixed wheelset... I'm running 53 x 15. When combined with 20 x 1 1/8" wheels gives 71 gear inches... This bike is a blast to ride. I'm taking it to Indy next week for a business trip
Sorry to hear about the weather in Texas, my fixed ride report for friday is in the commuting/touring section. Did my longest fixed ride so far, 58 miles with rack and panniers to do a little grocery shopping along the way. It was 80degrees and not a cloud in the sky in western WA, it's cooled some 62-65deg. and rain is supposed to make a comeback tonight and or durring the week but it was a nice weekend.
Interesting choice of bike for the easter ride, but I sometimes ponder which to ride for a couple of minutes before a ride also. I chose to ride the Surly friday cause it was ready to ride and saved me a 28-30mile trip for groceries, on a Friday when I would rather not drive if I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
single1x1 said:
Sorry to hear about the weather in Texas, my fixed ride report for friday is in the commuting/touring section. Did my longest fixed ride so far, 58 miles with rack and panniers to do a little grocery shopping along the way. It was 80degrees and not a cloud in the sky in western WA, it's cooled some 62-65deg. and rain is supposed to make a comeback tonight and or durring the week but it was a nice weekend.
Interesting choice of bike for the easter ride, but I sometimes ponder which to ride for a couple of minutes before a ride also. I chose to ride the Surly friday cause it was ready to ride and saved me a 28-30mile trip for groceries, on a Friday when I would rather not drive if I don't have to.
I read your report in C+T....yes I'm jealous.. I chose the Swift today because I have to pack it up this week for my trip. I wanted to make sure everything still works

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
that bike is HotTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

not as hot as Mrs. Hickey, not even close, but it's still very hot.

great bike dave. show us a pic of it folded if you can ... Im curious

beauty :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spirito said:
that bike is HotTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

not as hot as Mrs. Hickey, not even close, but it's still very hot.

great bike dave. show us a pic of it folded if you can ... Im curious

beauty :thumbsup:

I'll post some pictures of it folded tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts