Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cambria Bikes has the Easton EC90 SL forks for $159 again, plus an additional 10 percent discount using code BB0106. Not as cheap as when they had the 20 percent off coupon code around christmas but $143 for a easton carbon fork is not bad.

Keep in mind this fork is the old version without CNT carbon nanotube technology, and the dropouts are aluminum, and not full carbon dropouts like the newer versions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought one of these last year at the same price - great deal. At the price I was going to pick one up and put it away for the next build, but the discount code didn't work. Were you successful with that code?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
code may only show up on credit card

last time i used the 20 percent off code, i had to enter it in the comments section. even when my packing slip showed up with the code acknowledged, the discount wasn't applied. i had to call to have them credit my credit card. you may have to do the same. with the 20 percent code i used last year, it required the order to be online (it was their online grand opening promo). With the latest 10 percent bargain basement promo I'd call them when ordering to be safe.

i was rather unhappy with the easton fork they sent me. the quality was poor as the back of the fork legs had voids patched with a filler leading me to believe they may be factory seconds (or i just got a bad batch). i ended up returning it to easton (veltec) and they replaced it with the newest version with carbon dropouts and CNT (carbon nanotubes). check closely under the clearcoat to see if your fork has patches covering the carbon weave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts