Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the 2005-2006 model of this fork? How did it perform? How was stiffness under braking. I had the SLX and it was pretty flexy and I only weigh 150 lb.
Wondering if the SL would work better?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed the 05 SL. I weigh 162 and haven't noticed any additional flex compared to a Bontrager Race. One difference for me has been moving from a 45 to 43 degree rake. Much more stable at speed but seems to steer a little slow when my speed is low. What stem and bar are you using?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Look at stem for flex....

I weigh over 200 lbs and ride on an EC90SLX. Never had a problem with it at all. Stiffer than the Look HSC 4 which it replaced, which was significantly heavier. I would definately take a close look at your stem, which can feel like fork flex.

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
I have both.

I really can't tell any difference between my 2005 SL and my 2005 SLX. Both are plenty still for my 155 lbs. I agree about the stem or possibly the bars being flexy on the fork.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Love it

I replaced a heavy Profile Design fork with the SL last year. I love the fork. I find it very stable and have never had an issue with it. I weigh 167. I do lots of fast mountain descents and find it tracks incredibly well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.