Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an easton SLX fork and am trying to figure out one thing:

The brake nut hole seems to be too narrow for the brake nut and I cant figure it out. I have 4 different brake nuts I am trying and none of them fit into the rear part of the fork where the brake nut is supposed to go. It is the slimmer part of the brake nut that will not go into the part it is supposed to go into on the fork. I have tried brake nuts from different calipers (zero gravity, ultegra, and a couple generic ones including rear brake nuts, they all seem to be about 1mm too wide in diameter)

Does this make any sense?

· Registered
120 Posts
same thing happened to me on my EC90 SLX and my Madone SSLx fork (Bontrager XXX Lite). I just very carefully tapped it out with a drill. Works just fine afterwards, but it was scary the first time I tapped out the well (which was on the Bontrager fork), less scary on the SLX fork since I got it on the cheap (ebay-$90+$15 shipping). Glad you got yours placed OK without drilling it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.