Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking to buy a wheelset what do you guys think about Easton wheels ! has anyone used these wheels. I'm still leaning towards Rolwheels.com called the "Volants" I think for the money you cant go wrong

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have a pair of Velomax Circuits (purchased before Easton took over) that had way over 5000 miles and many many races on them, until the rims were pretty seriously scored & grooved. Still perfectly true & round. Easton completely replaced them for $100 a wheel, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Eastons should be good

I have a set of Velomax Circuits with over 8,000 miles and they have performed well. I weigh around 190 and cross several sets of railroad tracks on most of my rides and the wheels are still true.

·
Registered
595 Posts
i've had the EC90 since last september and they have been great. i am 190 lbs and no issues what so ever. get them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Jenson has EA90s on sale for $499 right now. They're listed under Hot Deals on the front page of RBR. That' s a hell of a deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got Easton Ascent II's. 750 miles + w/ no problems. I weigh 185 Lbs. and ride on crappy NE Ohio roads (think Beruit with more potholes).

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
BTW. pez did a review of the circuits a couple of years ago. He used them for cross wheels and on dirt roads as well as pavement - said good things about them and they stayed true.

Great training wheel you could race on at 1650 grams per set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.