Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Port fees or Taxes on Yoeleo

I am interested in ordering wheels from Yoeleo. I live in PA, do the wheels get held up in port for taxes or any other fees the US government may charge?

·
Registered
147 Posts
2017 ROAD DISC BRAKE ASYMMETRIC RIMS-Yishunbike

New rims from Yishun:

WTD3C-TLR-DISC
WTD4C-TLR-DISC
WTD5C-TLR-DISC

Asymmetric
Semi-hooked
No brake track
33/44/55 height
430/470/500 weight
21 internal, 28 max

The 55mm version ticks all my boxes. A couple of branded rims are a bit lighter: ENVE's 54mm rim shaves about 50g per and Roval's CLX series (in 50mm and 64mm), closer to 75g per.

Still, I'm impressed. When these appear on AceBike or wherever, I'll probably build a wheelset around them. Note that these 2017 models are named the same as the (very different, heavier, narrower, non-asym) 2016 version.
thanks for this, i have been chatting with Yishun Bike about buying a set of 44 mm disc clincher wheels with DT hubs.

Either this or XM Carbonspeed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
How will you think up what rims will be better for universal wheels of road\gravel?
For disc and 28-40c tires.
Main question asymmetric or not?
I consider this two variants

fs29ct-28-28.jpg

and

road_bicycle_rims.jpg

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whew, I finally received my Yoeleo C60 Carbon Clincher wheels Friday. It took 74 days. I sure hope no one else has to endure such patience. They threw in 2 free carbon fiber bottle cages to ease some of the pain. Never the less, I inspected the wheels and found no unusual things and the wheels look sweeeeet (matte with no markings) and brings a different look to my bike. The rear wheel is not too loud like those Zipp wheels. The build quality looks top notch, but then again I am no carbon expert either. The wheels sit exactly centered between the forks and brakes, unlike my current set of wheels where the rear wheel is off centered - could be due to the bike shop's heavy handed truing. I will get to ride them tomorrow - can't wait.

With the upgraded hub and spokes, they came in at 1545g without the skewers, so well within the stated weight.

Will report back on the 1st ride.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
Whew, I finally received my Yoeleo C60 Carbon Clincher wheels Friday. It took 74 days. I sure hope no one else has to endure such patience. They threw in 2 free carbon fiber bottle cages to ease some of the pain. Never the less, I inspected the wheels and found no unusual things and the wheels look sweeeeet (matte with no markings) and brings a different look to my bike. The rear wheel is not too loud like those Zipp wheels. The build quality looks top notch, but then again I am no carbon expert either. The wheels sit exactly centered between the forks and brakes, unlike my current set of wheels where the rear wheel is off centered - could be due to the bike shop's heavy handed truing. I will get to ride them tomorrow - can't wait.

With the upgraded hub and spokes, they came in at 1545g without the skewers, so well within the stated weight.

Will report back on the 1st ride.
Wow... that seems like a really long time. Was there something special about the order that resulted in a long wait time? What finish did you choose?

I just recently heard that Katrina is back working at Yoeleo. She's the girl that appears in many of the youtube videos and she was awesome to deal with in terms of customer service. It seems like I began hearing stories of the CS going downhill little bit, after she left, so hopefully the fact that she's back means they will get back to being top-notch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow... that seems like a really long time. Was there something special about the order that resulted in a long wait time? What finish did you choose?

I just recently heard that Katrina is back working at Yoeleo. She's the girl that appears in many of the youtube videos and she was awesome to deal with in terms of customer service. It seems like I began hearing stories of the CS going downhill little bit, after she left, so hopefully the fact that she's back means they will get back to being top-notch.
Yes, a very long time to wait.

I chose the "no decal" version, which according to their website is suppose to ship within 24-48 hours, so I don't know what caused the delay. I also upgraded to the ceramic hubs and Black Sapim CX Ray Spokes, but I highly doubt those created the delay. I had a chat session with them prior to ordering the wheels and was told it takes 7-9 days to receive the wheels once shipped and that was pretty spot on. Maybe they are being overwhelmed with orders since becoming UCI approved - don't know. I was just about to cancel the order when I received an email with the tracking number. I just hope no one else has to endure such a long wait.

I dealt with a Jasmine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I went for a 20 mile ride today in a very strong head wind (some side wind, too) to test the wheels. The wheels roll nicely, but that head wind did not make for an easy roll test. They definitely ride very nicely. They are very quiet when coasting and no noise while pedaling. I like how they changed the look of my bike. The 25mm Continentals are much wider than spec (see below) on these wheels, which I am ok with as the ride is much more comfortable. The braking is better than my Profile Design carbon/aluminum wheels and I noticed the brakes don't whistle like other carbon wheels I've heard. Also, I did not get push around in the wind even though these are 60mm.

@95psi - 27.25mm (front)
@110psi - 28.23mm (rear)

Note: This is just an initial first impression of these wheels. I will ride these wheels this season and post updates.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just ordered a set of disc brake clincher wheels from Yishun Bike and they were delivered quickly. I received them in Toronto, Canada 4 weeks from the date i ordered.

Shipping took a week.

The wheels look great, no imperfections, they were boxed well and I'm happy so far

I did 2 quick rides this weekend and I'm very happy with them so far.

Solace 1.JPG Solace 2.JPG Solace 3.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, a very long time to wait.

I chose the "no decal" version, which according to their website is suppose to ship within 24-48 hours, ..........
Apologize for making you waiting. Sorry. YOELEO is developing a new serial wheels for 2018, and most our producing line is preparing for the new serial wheels then, so it is delayed. And now new serial wheels(UD black glossy) are ready for fast dispatch, can deal and ship out within 24-48 hours after ordered. Short leading time and top quality guarantee. :thumbsup:

·
tthome
310 Posts
this forum seems to be dying...

anyhow, I'm still here...?tion and need recommendation. I'd like to buy a 50mm ushape disc road brake wheelset with centerlock hubs. I need 12mm on both front and back. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a vendor or link that I can look at? I'd like as many options as I can get. They don't have to be 50mm, but 40mm minimum depth. I'm open to suggestions. Price is very much a consideration as I dont want to drop more than I'd like. I've ridden many carbon chinese clinchers and I'd like to purchase a set of chinese clincher centerlock carbon rims to replace the stock alloy disc wheels that came with my Diamondback Podium. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
this forum seems to be dying...

anyhow, I'm still here...?tion and need recommendation. I'd like to buy a 50mm ushape disc road brake wheelset with centerlock hubs. I need 12mm on both front and back. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a vendor or link that I can look at? I'd like as many options as I can get. They don't have to be 50mm, but 40mm minimum depth. I'm open to suggestions. Price is very much a consideration as I dont want to drop more than I'd like. I've ridden many carbon chinese clinchers and I'd like to purchase a set of chinese clincher centerlock carbon rims to replace the stock alloy disc wheels that came with my Diamondback Podium. Thanks!
I suggest you talking to Bella at ICAN:
[email protected]Whatsapp +86 137 2690 5471

Say what you need, and she'll give you a quote. For these specific orders, payment is usually by Paypal.

I have an ICAN wheelset and frameset (described in this thread about 2 years ago) still going strong. Just received a wheelset for my MTB (8 days from shipment to my house in Houston, Texas). The frameset has minor quirks (namely the old mechanism to fix the seatpost), but wheels are flawless.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Who makes a good low profile rim?
Looking for around 25mm deep, 3k weave, high gloss finish.
Say 28 spoke rear and 24 spoke front.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just ordered a new set of Yoeleo wheels. This time I'm going with 38mm. I noticed they increased their prices after the website refresh. For us in the US, the price increase maybe because of the new tariffs, but the prices are still way more reasonable than the name brand wheels around here. Plus, I am very happy with their 60mm wheels so far.

Yoeleo 38mm wheelset

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm starting my research on carbon wheels, seems like the eBay/Chinese wheels have come a long way from when I first started seeing them pop up. Is yoeleo a reputable manufacturer?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm starting my research on carbon wheels, seems like the eBay/Chinese wheels have come a long way from when I first started seeing them pop up. Is yoeleo a reputable manufacturer?
They are UCI approved. That says a lot about them. I have 2 sets of their wheels 60mm and 38mm. They are quality as far as I am concern and make spending $4k for a set of wheels carbon wheels seem so foolish. The prices have increased a bit since I purchased my first set, but they had a 15% sale going on around Christmas. Contact Katrina and see if they have the sale, if not just ask for a discount and see what she says.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts