Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand if you pay via paypal with your credit card then something goes awry (seller didn't deliver or good was misrepresented), you cannot tell your credit card company to reverse the payment. The reason is because you paid Paypal and not the Seller. If I am wrong on this please correct me.
Now if you have Paypal Credit which I understand works like a credit card but only to Ebay, if goods are not delivered or grossly misrepresented, you can asked Ebay Paypal Credit and they will reverse all of the charges. So I think this is safer than the other methods of payment.
Anybody used Paypal credit? any experiences, good or bad will be appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would type Paypal and problems into Google. You'll get quite a few hits. I wouldn't trust them for much of anything.

As far as your credit card company's policy, why not just call their customer service dept. and find out for sure?

·
Registered
838 Posts
When you say Paypal Credit, do you mean as opposed to Paypal using your bank account? I sure as heck wouldn't do that. I pay via Paypal w/ my credit card all the time. Fortunately I have not had to dispute anything. The last I read, you COULD dispute the charge w/ your cc company, but it against Paypal rules and they would proably cancel your Paypal account. WHich I could live with before I lost a large sum. Things could have changed, however, so please let us know what you find out if you take Downshift's suggestion and call your cc company.

·
Registered
121 Posts
paypalsucks.com

I use Paypal all the time with both credit card and direct bank payments and have not had any problems. Before signing up for anything offered by Paypal I suggest reading the forums on paypalsucks.com (yes it actually exists). As always...Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
El Cheapo said:
I Before signing up for anything offered by Paypal I suggest reading the forums on paypalsucks.com (yes it actually exists). As always...Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).
Paypalsucks.com looks like a marketing scam itself. You need to be wary when the put down something and then try and sell to their preferred vendor which is most likely themselves. I poked around a little and it seems they only suggest one other credit card processing software. You would think they would list more alternatives if they were really after your best interest.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
ok, here's some FIRST-HAND experience. If yoiu pay with paypal and get f*ed, you can submit a claim with paypal. This will block the seller account while they 'review' the case. This takes a while, meaning weeks rather than days. If you presented your case well they will reverse the transaction and credit the money back to your account. This happened to me on a 800$ transaction for electronics stuff, the seller actually didn't have the item, he was relying on a supplier that disappeared. Took a while but I got my money back. If you pay through a paypal credit card, I suspect they might handle the case more diligently but there's no warranty...

As for paying with credit card vs. bank account, I always pay with credit card. Why ? Just because when I'm a seller, they charge me 3% for accepting credit cards, and part of these fees are paid by paypal to visa, mastercard or amex. Of course they encourage you to pay with bank account, in this case they don't pay anything and pocket the whole 3%. This is why paypal/ebay is so rich.

Pierre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts