Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tourist
989 Posts
ok, here's some FIRST-HAND experience. If yoiu pay with paypal and get f*ed, you can submit a claim with paypal. This will block the seller account while they 'review' the case. This takes a while, meaning weeks rather than days. If you presented your case well they will reverse the transaction and credit the money back to your account. This happened to me on a 800$ transaction for electronics stuff, the seller actually didn't have the item, he was relying on a supplier that disappeared. Took a while but I got my money back. If you pay through a paypal credit card, I suspect they might handle the case more diligently but there's no warranty...

As for paying with credit card vs. bank account, I always pay with credit card. Why ? Just because when I'm a seller, they charge me 3% for accepting credit cards, and part of these fees are paid by paypal to visa, mastercard or amex. Of course they encourage you to pay with bank account, in this case they don't pay anything and pocket the whole 3%. This is why paypal/ebay is so rich.

Pierre

1 - 1 of 1 Posts