Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you see...

the hot reflectors on the wheels? And the beautiful welds? And to top it off, the instructions have a leather carrying case!

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Looks like a dual-slalom road bike

beantownbiker said:
Folks, get ready for the next generation: a solid titanium bike!!! Holy sh!t, this thing must be so awesome it could rival the amazing sub-30 lb shogun racing bike from the stories listed on the boston craigslist!
http://cgi.ebay.com/porsche-bike-R-...223722285QQcategoryZ98084QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Porsche found the magic bullet for ripping people off. Not saying I'm taking the seller's word for it on the original price of the bike, but if that thing sold for over a 1000 bucks originally, that person got supremely shafted. I can see some DA bits on it, maybe Ultregra hubs with CXP-33 rims. Wow, a fat heavy Kalloy stem and an aluminum fork. That frame was probably made by Haro, looks kinda like a road-version of their cheap Escape MTB frames. Never seen anodized titanium with welds that big before :D . Lets get this frame for our most F-ed up bike build!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
golzy said:
And to top it off, the instructions have a leather carrying case!
But the English section is missing. :rolleyes:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
his dad paid 7000 for that? yeah right. Porsche needs to stick to cars, that is one ugly bike. The only thing on it I see that I really like is the fork (if it is titanium). I would have at lost thought being a porsche that the stem would have a hidden tightening bolt to the fork.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
his dad paid 7000 for that? yeah right. Porsche needs to stick to cars, that is one ugly bike. The only thing on it I see that I really like is the fork (if it is titanium). I would have at lost thought being a porsche that the stem would have a hidden tightening bolt to the fork.
He didn't even think it was worth it to re-tape the bars for the foto-op :rolleyes: LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts